Aerosol Can Disposal
- Hazsol will attend the loaded transport vehicle once it arrives on our site.
- Only once a safe site establishment is completed, a toolbox talk and risk assessment is discussed with operational staff and an area is cordoned off for the safe off-loading of aerosol cans from the transport vehicle, can work then commence.
- The aerosol can is punctured in a closed circuit puncture system which drains the liquid into a holding tank and the propellant gas flows through a scrubber unit which captures any hazardous materials in gas and clean air is released.
- This method is completely safe and is currently utilized to process thousands of aerosol‘s monthly. It also reduces the volume of waste going to landfill and ensures only the hazardous contents are being disposed of.
- Empty aerosol metal is then recycled
- Waste 210 lt drums containing only liquid from punctured aerosol’s will then be uplifted from site and taken to registered safe disposal facility where waste liquid will be disposed of.
- A safe disposal certificate will be issued to client for audit and record purposes.
We can also arrange to transport your aerosols to our disposal facility if required.
Hazsol has recently commissioned a unique new Aerosol Can Disposal Unit and installed it at our waste recycling facility in Jet Park Johannesburg.